Daiwabo Holdings Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) believes that it is its social responsibility to recognize and protect the privacy of personally identifiable information (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”), such as customers’ names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
To ensure that this policy is put into practice, the Company has established the Personal Information Protection Policy below, and all employees, including executives, will endeavor to appropriately handle and manage personal information in accordance with this policy.
Personal Information Protection Policy
- The Company will assign a person in charge of personal information management to each division handling customers’ personal information, and will strive to manage personal information appropriately.
- When the Company asks customers to provide their personal information, the Company will inform them of the purpose of collection, the scope of third parties to whom the Company will provide their personal information, and the Company’s point of contact for them.
- The Company will properly manage personal information provided by customers and will not provide or disclose such information to any third party other than companies for which customers’ consent has been received.
- When the Company provides personal information provided with customers’ consent to a third party, the Company will make it obligatory from the time of the contract to ensure that customers’ personal information will not be leaked or provided to others and will be properly managed.
- The Company will, to the extent reasonable, respond to any request by a customer for verification, correction, etc. of the personal information provided. Please contact the Company’s inquiries desk in such cases.
- The Company will comply with applicable Japanese laws, regulations, and other applicable rules, regarding the personal information of customers held by the Company, and will continuously review and improve the content of this Policy.
Usage Purposes of Personal Information of Customers
The Company will handle personal information provided to it within the scope of the following purposes.
- For fulfillment of various contracts such as sales contracts and outsourcing contracts with customers
- To improve and enhance the quality of the Company’s products
- To send customers information about the Company’s products and exhibitions
- For support and maintenance of products sold to customers
- To send customers information on new products and campaigns
- Other than above, for use in the Company’s sales activities
The Company may use personal information to the extent necessary for these purposes even after various contracts with customers have been terminated.
Provision of Information to Third Parties
The Company may provide personal information provided to it to a third party without customers’ consent to achieve the above mentioned purposes only in the following cases.
- Joint use with Group companies
In accordance with the Company’s Personal Information Protection Policy and only for the above mentioned purposes, customers’ personal information may be jointly used within Group companies. The personal information of customers used jointly in this way includes all customer personal information held by the Company. For joint use between companies as described above, the Company will be responsible for management and handling of the personal information of customers.
- Use for operations outsourced to external companies
Customers’ personal information may be entrusted or provided to a subcontractor such as a courier within the scope of the above mentioned usage purposes.
- Use based on laws and regulations
In accordance with laws and regulations, if a public body such as a court or a police authority requests disclosure, information may be provided to the public organization concerned.
The Company’s website includes pages that use a technology called “cookies” for the convenience of customers accessing the pages on subsequent visits. Cookies allow a web server to identify customers’ computers. While cookies can identify customers’ computers, they cannot identify customers personally unless customers enter their personal information. Depending on customers’ browsers, customers can disable the cookie function by changing their browser settings. However, by doing so, some or all of the services on the relevant web pages may become unavailable.
Protection of Information on This Website
Customers can visit the Company website without disclosing their personal information, and their personal information will not be collected simply by their visiting the website.
When personal information is collected through the Company website, this will be clearly stated and the collected personal information will be handled in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Policy given above. If customers do not provide personal information, they may still be able to visit most websites. However, please note that they may not be able to receive certain options or services.
The Company is not responsible for the protection of customers’ personal information on external websites linked to on the Company web pages.
If you have any opinion or question in connection with the foregoing, or if you have anything to confirm with respect to your own personal information, please feel free to contact our Point of Contact.
Please kindly note that, if you wish to make any confirmation with respect to your own personal information, we will request you to present the following to us in order for us to confirm your identity. We will provide you with the details for the identity confirmation at the time of your inquiry. We would appreciate your cooperation.
Details to Present
- Your name
- Phone number and fax number
- E-mail address
- Inquiry (e.g. suspension of disclosure or provision to third parties)
- Background of how your personal information was provided (exhibitions, etc.)
- Identity verification documents to verify the above (any of the following by which your name and current address can be confirmed)
A copy of your resident card, a copy of your driver's license, a copy of your health insurance card, or a copy of your passport
Revision of “Handling of Personal Information”
The Company may revise the “Handling of Personal Information” website in order to comply with changes in laws and regulations in Japan and to ensure the protection of customer information. Please check this site regularly.
August 1, 2018