Daiwabo Holdings Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) believes that it is its social responsibility to recognize and protect the privacy of personally identifiable information (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”), such as customers’ names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
To ensure that this policy is put into practice, the Company has established the Personal Information Protection Policy below, and all employees, including executives, will endeavor to appropriately handle and manage personal information in accordance with this policy.
Daiwabo Holdings Co., Ltd.
Nakanoshima Festival Tower West.
3-2-4, Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-0005, Japan
Representative Director, President and Chief Executive Officer
The Company will ensure the appropriate handling of personal data in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations, as well as guidelines from the Personal Information Protection Commission etc.
- The Company will assign a person in charge of personal information management to each division handling customers’ personal information, and will strive to manage personal information appropriately.
- When the Company asks customers to provide their personal information, the Company will inform them of the purpose of collection, the scope of third parties to whom the Company will provide their personal information, and the Company’s point of contact for them.
- The Company will properly manage personal information provided by customers and will not provide or disclose such information to any third party other than companies for which customers’ consent has been received.
- When the Company provides personal information provided with customers’ consent to a third party, the Company will make it obligatory from the time of the contract to ensure that customers’ personal information will not be leaked or provided to others and will be properly managed.
- The Company will, to the extent reasonable, respond to any request by a customer for verification, correction, etc. of the personal information provided. Please contact the Company’s inquiries desk in such cases.
- The Company will comply with applicable Japanese laws, regulations, and other applicable rules, regarding the personal information of customers held by the Company, and will continuously review and improve the content of this Policy.
The Company will handle personal information provided to it within the scope of the following purposes.
（1）For fulfillment of various contracts such as sales contracts and outsourcing contracts with customers
（2）To improve and enhance the quality of the Company’s products
（3）To provide support and maintenance for products sold to customers
（4）The Company will analyze the browsing history and other information obtained from customers and use it for the following purposes.
- To send customers information about the Company’s products and exhibitions tailored to their tastes and interests
- To send customers information on new products and campaigns tailored to their tastes and interests
（5）Other than above, for use in the Company’s sales activities
The Company may use personal information to the extent necessary for these purposes even after various contracts with customers have been terminated.
The Company may provide personal information provided to it to a third party without customers’ consent to achieve the above mentioned purposes only in the following cases.
- Joint use with Group companies*
In accordance with the Company’s Personal Information Protection Policy and only for the above mentioned purposes, customers’ personal information may be jointly used within Group companies. The personal information of customers used jointly in this way includes all customer personal information held by the Company. For joint use between companies as described above, the Company will be responsible for management and handling of the personal information of customers.
- Use for operations outsourced to external companies
Customers’ personal information may be entrusted or provided to a subcontractor such as a courier within the scope of the above mentioned usage purposes.
- Use based on laws and regulations
In accordance with laws and regulations, if a public body such as a court or a police authority requests disclosure, information may be provided to the public organization concerned.
The Company’s website includes pages that use a technology called “cookies” for the convenience of customers accessing the pages on subsequent visits. Cookies allow a web server to identify customers’ computers. While cookies can identify customers’ computers, they cannot identify customers personally unless customers enter their personal information. Depending on customers’ browsers, customers can disable the cookie function by changing their browser settings. However, by doing so, some or all of the services on the relevant web pages may become unavailable.
The Company shall take necessary and appropriate safety management measures to manage personal data, such as preventing leakage, loss, or damage. In addition, necessary and appropriate supervision will be carried regarding employees and contractors (Including subcontractors, etc.) handling personal data. The detailed safety management measures for personal data are specifically stated in the separate Personal Information Protection Regulations. The main contents are:
(Formulation of Personal Information Protection Policy)
- In order to ensure the appropriate handling of personal data, this Personal Information Protection Policy has been formulated with respect to compliance with relevant laws, regulations and guidelines as well as providing the point of contact for handling inquiries and complaints.
(Development of Employee Discipline in Handling Personal Data)
- The Company has established Personal Information Protection Regulations regarding the handling methods, persons responsible/in charge, and their duties at each stage of data acquisition, usage, storage, provision, deletion, disposal, etc.
(Organizational Safety Management Measures)
- In addition to establishing the role of person responsible for handling personal data, the Company has clarified which employees are to handle personal data and the scope in which they are to handle it, and has established a system for reporting to the person responsible for handling personal data in the event that any facts or signs of violation of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or the Personal Information Protection Regulations are identified.
- The Company regularly conducts self-checks regarding the handling of personal data and has audits conducted by other departments and external parties.
(Staff Safety Management Measures)
- Regular training is provided to employees about points to note when handling personal data.
- Matters concerning confidentiality of personal data are listed in the employment rules.
(Physical Safety Management Measures)
- In areas where personal data is handled, the Company has implemented employees’ entry and exit controls and restrictions on which devices can be brought in, as well as measures to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing personal data.
- The Company has taken measures to prevent the theft or loss of devices, electronic media, and documents that contain personal data. Measures have also been taken to prevent personal data from being easily identified when such devices, electronic media, etc. are transported, including within business sites.
(Technological Safety Management Measures)
- Access controls have been implemented to limit the scope available to the person in charge and of the personal information databases handled.
- The Company has implemented arrangements to protect information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized external access or malware.
Customers can visit the Company website without disclosing their personal information, and their personal information will not be collected simply by their visiting the website.
When personal information is collected through the Company website, this will be clearly stated and the collected personal information will be handled in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Policy given above. If customers do not provide personal information, they may still be able to visit most websites. However, please note that they may not be able to receive certain options or services.
The Company is not responsible for the protection of customers’ personal information on external websites linked to on the Company web pages.
If you have any opinion or question in connection with the foregoing, or if you have anything to confirm with respect to your own personal information, please feel free to contact our Point of Contact.
The Company will - after confirming the identity of the individual concerned in accordance with the prescribed procedures - promptly take action regarding requests for inquiries, corrections, discontinuance of use, or deletion of personal information. If you have any questions about this Handling of Personal Information or wish to exercise your rights under it, please contact the Inquiries Desk.
At that time, we will request presentation of the following in order for us to confirm your identity. We will provide details for the identity confirmation at the time of inquiry. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Details to Present
- Your name
- Phone number and fax number
- E-mail address
- Inquiry (e.g. suspension of disclosure or provision to third parties)
- Background of how your personal information was provided (exhibitions, etc.)
- Identity verification documents to verify the above (any of the following by which your name and current address can be confirmed)
A copy of your resident card, a copy of your driver's license, a copy of your health insurance card, or a copy of your passport
The Company may revise the “Handling of Personal Information” website in order to comply with changes in laws and regulations in Japan and to ensure the protection of customer information. Please check this site regularly.
April 1, 2022